Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sore nipples.


The arrangement was to return the rental Jimny at 9am in front of Pizza Hut as Thrifty did not have an office in Jaco - how thrifty is that?? The guy was 15 minutes late, but jovial even though he could hardly speak any english. My most used phrase in spanish right now is "no entiendo" which saves me from any awkward conversational encounters. Anyway, so I wanted a ride back to our Hotel which was a good 20 minutes walk and ended up doing a little charade to get him to understand me. As we were driving along the main street in Jaco, I remembered asking Amber what the spanish word for 'red' was over a game of pool (I was trying to sink red). So I noticed a big
red building next to the hotel I was staying and went "color.. roha!" He replied, "Si, roho(red)!" He dropped me off, we shook hands and he said "Pura vida!", which in response I inadvertently blurted "Swee.. mmph!" I felt like such a dumb ass. Funny!

Checked out the shops today and bout a pair of jandals for 10,000 colones and 2 pairs of boardies for 9,000 colones. All that is left is a rash shirt to protect my torso from abrasions. My right nipple were so sore the day we left Map Pais it was not funny. Doesn't look like any surf today or tomorrow though, so i've got time to heal. We might make a trip into Monteverde tomorrow by bus to see rain forests instead! Last stop was to pick up groceries. Check out the shot I took of Amber while we were choosing coffee powder. Moments later a Tico came up to us and gave us great advice on which coffee he liked the most and how to use our coffee maker back in our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment