Friday, May 28, 2010

Incredible Switzerland!

Tantra has absolutely gone beyond my expectations and what I could have asked for, and Amber and I have been having extraordinary sex as a result. The day after we had arrived Amber was thrilled to discover from me that our previous lovemaking the night before was my best ever! I am being very careful in how I attempt to explain the deep processes of my experience and what goes on at this workshop during these few days, knowing full well that words fail miserably to convey the wondrous spiritual transformation I underwent. My attempt at describing my experience is not so important anymore as I know my being will speak for itself. I miss the family I have made at Lutzelfluh however, and am sad that I have to return to the world who have not yet had this astonishing experience. Real transformation is lasting, and only time will tell. I do not want to forget.

Today Sonya took us up to a mountain restaurant for an incredible lunch. We did a bit of a hike to work up an appetite and took some amazing photos. This place is gorgeous and I have been completely swept off my feet by its splendor and peacefulness. By far the most beautiful town I've ever been to.

On the left is the restaurant where we had our lunch.

Coming down the mountain towards the end of the hike.

Flowers
We settled in for lunch after hiking for about 45 minutes at a fancy restaurant with a great view. The menu was in french so Sonja had to do the translating. Things are very expensive here and the most expensive meal was a steak at SF$50 (NZ$75-ish), which I was very tempted to try. I decided to go for the more exotic option of rabbit, and 6 snails as an entree. I have not had either before. The snails tasted absolutely divine, and the rabbit was fleshy - Good, but I don't think I'd care to have it again. I also ate most of the Venison Amber ordered, she really didn't like the gooey texture. Sonya ordered risotto with scallops. I'd have snail again. Sonya has been an absolutely wonderful host while we've been here and I was glad to pay for her meal.

Sonya translating the menu for us.

Eating snails!
After lunch, we Sonya provided mountain bikes which I thoroughly enjoyed riding mostly downhill back to La Chables (where our house is). On the way, we stopped at Stu's on the way down the mountain (a friend we had met the night before at a group dinner) and he showed us around his fabulous home that we built/renovated. I am totally inspired by his creation! I'd love to build my own one day.

Appreciating Stu's beautiful door made out of raw wood.

Stu's balcony.

Great view!
Finally, on the last leg of our eye-opening downhill cycle, I decided to try our the video function of our Lumix camera. I got over 7 minutes of riding and wished I had thought of it sooner as the view when we started up the top was breathtaking. This turned our great though - I strapped the safety cord around my right wrist and held the camera with my fingers over my right handle-bar. Viewing the video back at the house for the first time reminded me that this camera has an anti-shock function that reduces bumps and jerks specially for footage like this one. I'll remember to try it next time. In the meantime, enjoy!


Kinks in Blogger's video upload function
so I've posted it on FB.

2 comments:

  1. Switzerland is one of my fave european countries to visit. Uncle Juergen and Auntie Glenna used to go every year to ski in Zermatt.

    Your experience with Tantra sounds awesome and you have to give me the contact for this place. :)

    cant wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes two of us!

    ReplyDelete