Thursday, February 11, 2010

Monteverde es muy bonita! (Monteverde is very beautiful!)

I'm in the "grooviest cafe in Monteverde-Bromelia's." There's a stage for live music, and several shelves laid out with books about local wild-life and flora. The spanish lounge music in the background is soothing, and I'm the only one in here. I like it.

Amber and I went to Salsa last night. Nick, the salsa teacher, has a son in Amber's class. There was another American couple in the class - Dustin, and an a young-ish Professor of Literature here at the Institute I forget her name. Nick spent half of the hour showing us some Merengue moves, and we did Salsa with the remainder of the class. Inspired score: 4/10.

I finished my book '2012: The Year of the Mayan Prophesy' this morning. I found it a really hard read and didn't enjoy it all that much. My next book is 'Strength in What Remains,' by Tracy Kidder. It's about a young medical student who escapes the genocidal civil war in Burundi (Africa) to live in New York City, speaking no english and $200 in his pocket. Having spent 3 odd weeks in Costa Rica myself (with a little more that $200), I can certainly relate. Its an easier book to read and certainly a welcome relief after the toil of 2012.

Almost 1pm, and I am fighting the urge to pay for lunch here at the cafe. I will make lunch back at the casa. Signing off.. 




No comments:

Post a Comment