Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Impervious to chaos.

I just now had an occurrence of seeing the practical aspect of vipassana in action. I received an email from Hari (Landlord for our upcoming place in Mal Pais) that Linda (Canandian girl staying at the house right now) has requested to extend her stay for another month. Spontaneous feelings of aversion, similar to the ones I've had recently over the LUMIX saga, started to well up. In that moment in what I can only attempt to express was an 'understanding'.. or that act of observing the aversive emotions dissipated it, allowing calm space with which I felt freedom to make a clear, effective choice. Free to make my choice, not clouded by any feeling of frustration or anger about the house situation being exactly as I think it should be,  was liberating.

Several more emails between Hari and I have transpired since the initial one and he's offered us his 2BR place (shared with Linda) until our scheduled flight departure on the 24th of April at US$550 incl. utilities - if anything, a better deal than what I had expected previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment