Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shopping in paradise.

 My beautiful wife and I (I'm still getting used to the feeling of those words rolling off my tongue) took that long walk on the beach into town again today. Our plan was to find a comfy restaurant where we could eat, drink and read for most of the afternoon. Also, I brought along 2012 - the book I've had since leaving Wellington. I planned to sell it at the trade and exchange bookstore.

We found a place called 'The Bakery.' It looked like the most respectable place of all we've seen in Mal Pais. Prices would be what you'd expect back home (if you're from Wellington), and we've been pretty good at saving money by cooking our own meals since we've been here. I ordered spagetti bolognaise and mango juice con lechi, Amber got Mousaka and latte. My meal was pretty good and the portion was just perfect for me (I get upset when I pay good money for a meal and leave still hungry). We sat and read for a bit and then went to the bookstore.

We must've spent about an hour browsing at the bookshop. The air conditioning helped. I came away with 2 new books! (and sold 2012 for US$4)



I've had my eye on The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying for some time now and am glad that I chanced upon it today. Channeling - What It Is and How to Do It is the zaniest book I've ever owned. Sifting through the contents of this book brought back memories about our captivating meeting with Sapphire. Also, I have been particularly drawn to a spiritual teacher/mystic from the movie 'What the Bleep Do We Know.' whose real name is JZ Knight. She claims to channel the spirit guide Ramtha and I thought this book would help me learn more about this mysterious phenomena.

But right now, I've got my head buried in the more conventional and scholarly written Paradox of Choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment