Saturday, March 13, 2010

Monkey friends wake us up.

This morning's usual crowing of the rooster was disrupted by the screeching of a troop of monkeys passing by. It got us out of bed and we watched monkeys jumping from tree to tree all around our casita. They knew we were around because their howling stopped. It is beautiful to live amongst the wild.

Amber went for a run while I did 45 minutes of meditation. I suggested we head straight out to get our first surf in (We do 2-3 surfs a day). As usually I got "munched" by a huge wave. But I did also get a good one even though I didn't manage to stay on my board for very long. I have to be more selective with my waves because every time I catch one, I tend to ride it all the way in to shore. It takes a lot to get back out there. These waves can be ferocious, but probably more so because I'm still an amateur.

I like that I have a lot of time to contemplate on things. I've adopted Amber's example of taking up a notebook to journal my thoughts and ideas. I list what I'd like to write about on my blog and write notes about the books I'm reading. I've also started a dream log. My dreams have been more intense and lingering since changing my living patterns. I have read and believe that meditating lubricates this mental faculty. I have taken on Sapphire's advice and remind myself throughout the day to take lots of water. I envisage this a year of adventure, pilgrimage and purification.

Walking along playa Santa Teresa.

Amber coming our after a dip in the Pacific.

No comments:

Post a Comment