Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dream, Paul and Gina.

This Dream moods website is pretty amazing. I had another dream last night which I quickly scribbled down when I woke up. Events in the dream seemed pretty unexciting but when I looked up specific words (in blue) on the online dream dictionary, I felt that they were remarkable.
  • I am in the company of old friends in the USA.
  • Sneak (stealing?)into cousin's house, hiding in several distinctive rooms avoiding aunties, uncles and cousins.
  • I find a room filled with clothes and shoes. It's a pair of shoes I'm looking for.
  • I find the pair I'm looking for! Gold-ish converse-type walking shoes. It might be 1 or 2 sizes too big.
  • Feeling glad I found it, I put these on and head back outside to rejoin my friends.
  • Extended family, mum and dad are outside hanging around not doing anything in particular.
  • Dad just barely manages 3 pull ups on the clothesline (haha)
  • Mum complains about her tummy getting flabby.
  • In response, cousin jokingly asks me, since I'm a pt, how she can get rid of it.
  • I half-jest in return that she'd have to pay me for me to tell her. It only gets a couple of laughs. *My feeling here is I was avoiding speaking in front of a group (family) because it made me uncomfortable. I avoided the situation, but didn't feel happy with myself.
  • In a studio apartment. Friend tells me he's staying for another month or 2. I think to myself, "jeez, what are you guys going to do for so long?" and felt better that I was 'returning.' He leaves, and a feeling of loneliness overcomes me.
More often than not, I was able to find significance in the interpretation of these words for my life. The ones that particularly stick out, are 'shoes' and 'stealing.' According to Dream moods, shoes represent my approach to life. It also represents my convictions about my beliefs. If I am changing my shoes, then it refers to my changing roles. I am taking a new approach to life. The dictionary came up with 3 possible interpretations for 'stealing,' and from the available options I took that it meant I had unrealized and unfulfilled goals.

I find this entire process of interpreting my own dreams powerfully compelling. It feels reassuring to acknowledge an inspiring interpretation from the deeper levels of one's own psyche. I may not be so aware of my life objectives and intentions on the surface level, but exploring the possibilities and questioning myself about what my "convictions" and "changing roles" could possibly be, is uplifting. It propels me forward.

Amber and I went to the beach late this morning to read. We bumped into Paul and Gina, an American couple who arrived a few days ago from New York  and are leaving on monday. Paul's rental surfboard was too small and he was going to change it with another when Amber suggested we swap. What a great idea! Paul's board was just slightly shorter than mine and much thinner. I was able to attempt several unsightly duck-dives on it, and overall felt that it was a good board to progress my surfing abilities. 

As we were yarning on the beach, Paul communicated to us, to our delight, that he had an extra bedroom and generously invited us to stay in his apartment in Brooklyn for when we are up there in April. We reciprocated by inviting them over for dinner tonight. They're vegetarians, so looks like Amber will be Chief Coordinator on the kitchen floor tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment