Friday, April 30, 2010

Pinehurst, North Carolina.

We've arrived in Hampton, Virginia, and obligingly welcomed by Melissa - my ex-girlfriend whom I've not spent much time with in years. I still haven't fully recovered from what I think is pollen allergy from Pinehurst. Even though I've taken allergy medication, my nose is runny, my head is stuffy and my throat is itchy - I'm not feeling very well at all.

Pinehurst with my auntie was beautiful. We had reached her home at 930pm after a big day of sightseeing Washington DC (pictures in previous blog) and 6 hours in the car driving from DC to Pinehurst, NC. We discover her celestially elegant home at the end of a cul de sac within National Golf Club, and what a sight it is! This is the most impressive home I've ever been in, and was even more impressed when I found out that Juergen had architecturally designed it to the detail himself! The interior is tastefully decorated by objects of  personal significance by auntie Glenna. Gorgeous!

The next day, we awoke to a hearty breakfast and beheld the tranquil lake and garden behind the house. I had no idea I could experience such peace and tranquility "at home." 

We spend 3 nights and 2 full days in absolute luxury here. Beautifully decorated and fully equipped for guests, we are pampered with sumptuous meals and snacks, a lavish guest bedroom with ensuite bathroom, and a bed fit for a King. Most impressive of all, however, was the kindness and selfless generosity I witnessed in my delightful auntie. Amber loves her very much and did not want to leave!

I thoroughly enjoyed spending the time I had with uncle Juergen and auntie Glenna. Juergen gave us a tour of the Pinehurst and showed us the previous home they lived in before moving into this one three years ago. He drove us around for about 45 minutes showing us particularly prominent houses and the impressive new-state-of-the-art hospital compound that was being built. I tried to concentrate as hard as I could to what he was showing me but my attention was heavily distracted by the exquisite interior of the very sophisticated Mercedes he was driving - and contemplating what it would take for me to become this rich. 

Ineluctably, we leave on friday morning, but after being educated by Juergen on how to eat Breikwerst? (veal sausages) properly. I don't remember if I say this out loud to auntie Glenna, but I promise to visit again soon. She has a beautiful spirit.

Juergen, me, Amber, Glenna, Sven (Juergen's son)

No comments:

Post a Comment