Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior.

The rainy season is here! We woke up late this morning at 730am to the sound of steady rain hitting our zinc roof. Amber had made me promise yesterday to go out on the beach to capture a video(s) of her on a wave after morning meditation. This was not to be, so Amber ended up doing a couple of blogs instead. I now finally have a turn and have decided to follow suit. 

A brief update on our plans in Europe:
We are rigorously planning our itinerary for Europe. Our latest deliberation is on a 'Mystic Tantra' workshop in Switzerland on the 21st of May. I've done a fair amount of research on the teacher and like his 'credentials.' Among them he has studied psychology under Carl Rogers -one of the founding fathers of psychotherapy, and awarded the Noble Peace Prize. He also spent 8 years an ashram learning from Osho Rajneesh - Indian mystic and spiritual teacher, of whom I've read a couple of books. It was an article Alan Lowen had recently written that caught my attention. It's fairly lengthy and I had to read it twice to grasp it's message. Here is the link to his article, and his website: http://www.artofbeing.com/publications.php

Osho
Amber and I consider the course to be fairly priced. However, the location where it is held incurs extra costs for food and accommodation. The fact that it is in Switzerland makes it very expensive. We are still seriously considering doing this though as we feel that it might be beneficial for our growth as partners. 

The other avenue I am strongly contemplating is Past Life Regression held in Singapore, november. They have advised I do a certification in hypnotherapy before I attend this course, and I am considering the one they're offering in Penang, Malaysia, in August - My birth place!

Book:
I'm blazing through Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior. It's fiction, very easy reading and I love the pre-chapter quotes provided that suggest the lesson ahead. Here are a couple from my favorites so far.

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust
"To really help people, you first need to understand them - but you can't understand someone until you understand yourself. Know yourself, prepare yourself, develop the clarity, courage and the sensitivity to exert the right leverage, in the right places, at the right time. Then act." - Mama Chia



I only bought this book yesterday for US$4 and am already half way through it. It was supposed to last me until thursday! The problem with the e-book that I'm concurrently reading is that I hog the Macbook to read it, resulting in a disgruntled wife with no other access to cyberspace. 

I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment